PAR Plate Reassignment

    Posted by MAIA on Jul 19, 2020 8:00:00 PM

    This question was answered based upon current rules, regulations & statutes in effect on July 2, 2020

    My Insured wants  give  her PAR Reserved plate to her Brother. I know she has to write a note saying she is giving them to him, does he have to go to the registry with his current plates to do a swap? Or can we go for him and have him cancel his current plates online the same day?

    Thank for the help with this.


    Kathy Cormier:  You can do this at the B2B, but you are looking at a 3-4 day turnaround time.

    This document is not a legal opinion and should not be relied upon as such. The intent of this document is to provide a general background regarding the topic or topics discussed, not to provide legal advice. Producers and agencies should consult an attorney regarding specific situations and specific questions with respect to the topic or topics covered in this document. Neither the Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents, Number One Insurance Agency nor any of its employees shall be responsible for any errors or omissions regarding any statements made in this document, nor any errors or omissions regarding any statutes, regulations, court rules, and/or any other government documents cited in this document.

    Topics: Registry, 2020

    Keep Reading!

    Previous Post Surcharge Appeals
    Next Post PAR Plate Hold


    *Denotes required field.