What is the Correct Plate Type

    Posted by MAIA on Jun 17, 2019 12:01:00 AM


    This question was answered based upon current rules, regulations & statutes in effect on May 09, 2019

    If someone uses a vehicle in their business and they put signs on the vehicle do they need to get commercial plates?   I currently have it listed as class 30 on their personal lines policy with PAN plates.


    Kathy Cormier:   Yes, a sign on the vehicle requires a commercial plate.  Here is the current plate v. policy chart.

    This document is not a legal opinion and should not be relied upon as such. The intent of this document is to provide a general background regarding the topic or topics discussed, not to provide legal advice. Producers and agencies should consult an attorney regarding specific situations and specific questions with respect to the topic or topics covered in this document. Neither the Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents, Number One Insurance Agency nor any of its employees shall be responsible for any errors or omissions regarding any statements made in this document, nor any errors or omissions regarding any statutes, regulations, court rules, and/or any other government documents cited in this document.

    Topics: Registry, 2019

    Keep Reading!

    Previous Post Accident Forgiveness
    Next Post Med Pay


    *Denotes required field.