Registration for 26,000 lb Truck and Permits

    Posted by MAIA on Jun 4, 2019, 12:01:00 AM


    This question was answered based upon current rules, regulations & statutes in effect on May 13, 2019

    If we have a vehicle with a GVW of 26,000 lbs. and travels in more that one state can we register Commercial without having to get trip permits when it goes out of state?


    Kathy Cormier:   If the client does not want to obtain trip permits each time they leave the state, they can apply for an apportioned plate registration.  If they stay with a commercial plate registration a trip permit is required every time they leave the state.

    Here is a link to the apportioned plates:

    I hope this helps.

    This document is not a legal opinion and should not be relied upon as such. The intent of this document is to provide a general background regarding the topic or topics discussed, not to provide legal advice. Producers and agencies should consult an attorney regarding specific situations and specific questions with respect to the topic or topics covered in this document. Neither the Massachusetts Association of Insurance Agents, Number One Insurance Agency nor any of its employees shall be responsible for any errors or omissions regarding any statements made in this document, nor any errors or omissions regarding any statutes, regulations, court rules, and/or any other government documents cited in this document.

    Topics: Registry, 2019

    Keep Reading!

    Previous Post Summer/Winter Swap
    Next Post Rental of a U-Haul


    *Denotes required field.