WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course is geared towards students who have a good level of understanding of commercial lines policies and want to dig deeper into the insurance needs of a commercial lines contractor.
This course can be taken by anyone however it also is it also part of a National Designation program called the Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR) program and will update that designation if you already have it. If you are interested in seeing the courses involved and earning the designation, that information can be found HERE.
- Carl Carpenter works for a construction company:
- Part 1: Driving to work MAP/PAP, paid to drive coworkers, paid to bring supplies to jobsite... policy change?
- Part 2: Buys more tools/equipment, boss pays for right to use - HO-4 coverage?
- Carl Carpenter decides to start own business and needs CGL.. what is it? what does it do?
- Part 3: Hired by Turner Construction and needs to prove additional insured status, WC coverage, requires certificates showing primary and non-contributory
- Part 4: Hires an employee - independent contractor or employee? Crossing state lines...State law and election of coverage... benefits?
- Part 5: Decides to become LLC - has issues with WC coverage, name change for CGL? .. BAP in personal name - what about LLC?