It’s no coincidence that the corporate slogan of Eastern Insurance Group LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eastern Bank, is, “Join Us For Good.” They have been making charitable contributions to their communities through their parent company and its charitable foundation, Eastern Bank and the Eastern Bank Charitable Foundation, since 1999. Throughout their combined years of giving, they have contributed more than $100 million to local charities.
The employees of Eastern Insurance also embrace the charitable nature of the organization as individuals. In 2017 alone, their employees served over 2,300 volunteer hours, supporting a variety of causes including:
- Participating in Hope Walks to benefit the life-enhancing Integrative Support Services at the Vernon Cancer Center at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Greater Newburyport YWCA
- UMass Memorial Medical Center (where they made superhero capes and masks for children in the pediatric unit)
- Participating in the 10th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament to support Playworks New England
- Serving meals to local women at Rosie’s Place
- Painting and cleaning the Scituate Animal Shelter of Massachusetts
- Supporting Partners for Youth with Disabilities (PYD) warm-up event at the Everybodyfights Fidi in Boston for PYD’s Annual Gala.
It is clear that staff continually look for new ways to give back and positively impact their communities, even in their off time. Hope Aldrich, President and CEO of Eastern Insurance, summarized their efforts saying, “While our corporate tagline is, ‘Join Us For Good,’ it is the genuine actions of our employees that make it a truly meaningful mantra.”
While they may work in the insurance industry by day, by night these insurance folks become local coaches for youth sports, runners of the Boston Marathon, International Ambassadors for the MAGIC foundation, supporters of veterans and their families, and literal lifesavers (by truly giving the gift of life through organ donation).
Their accolades don’t end there though:
We want to know about the Good YOU Do! Share your agency’s story with us!