MAIA extends a huge thank you to all from Massachusetts who participated in the 2020 InsurPac fundraiser. The Bay State contributed $73,817, exceeding our goal AND putting us among the Top 3 state contributors in the country! MA Young Agents also hit their InsurPac goal. After tallying the receipts and closing the books, the InsurPac 2020 campaign took in a whopping $1,184,326.21 from across the country. “Despite facing yearlong headwinds,” says Nathan Riedel, Big “I” Vice President, Political Affairs, “this is the second most money ever raised in a calendar year.”
Below is a summary of the 2020 InsurPac fundraising campaign:
- South Carolina ($86,282) raised the most money of any state and will be presented the National Championship Award for the second year in a row. That total held off strong late year charges from Texas ($78,372) and Massachusetts ($73,817). Additionally, South Carolina defended its title as Young Agent National Champions, raising $21,720 to edge out Georgia ($20,377). If these championships weren’t enough, South Carolina completed the “Triple Crown” by winning the Presidents Cup with $22,808 in contributions from past/current state presidents.
- A record number of states (15) raised an average of more than $100 per agency and will be recognized with InsurPac Eagle Awards. Leading the charge with a $315 per agency average was Nevada. They were followed by South Carolina ($288), South Dakota ($132), Tennessee ($132), Louisiana ($127), North Dakota ($126), Arkansas ($120), Maryland ($119), Georgia ($117), New Hampshire ($108), Idaho ($106), Montana ($105), Nebraska ($105), Maine ($101) & Hawaii ($101).
- A record total of 37 states achieved their InsurPac goal: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia & Wyoming.
- 686 young agents invested a total of $169,522 to InsurPac.
- 30 states achieved their Young Agent InsurPac goal: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia & Wyoming.
- Nationwide, 3,634 total donors invested an average of $326. There were 343 investors at the $1,000 level or higher; 60 invested at the $2,500 level or higher; and 29 invested the maximum amount of $5,000.
Big “I” InsurPac one of the largest small-business PACs in the country. This non-partisan political action committee is funded by voluntary, personal, LLC and Partnership contributions from independent agents, brokers, and agencies throughout the country. It works hand in hand with the Big “I” advocacy team to promote, protect and perpetuate the independent agency system.