The coronavirus pandemic has created a new educational landscape, and independent home-based teachers/tutors have a large role to play in helping students and families keep up with learning demands. Whether teaching in person or virtually, an independent teacher who owns their own business should have coverage for property and liability exposures. Offer them an RLI Home Business policy through MAIA’s Number One Insurance Agency!
RLI's Home Business policy will cover teachers' property including teaching materials and computers. RLI will also cover liability exposures including bodily injury, property damage, and personal and advertising injury.
The product also features:
- Affordable rates
- General liability coverage up to $1 million
- Loss of business income protection up to 12 months available
- Broad coverage with off premises theft included
- RLI is admitted and A.M. Best "A+" rated
- Up to $100,000 (varies by state of risk) comprehensive coverage for business personal property both on- and temporarily off-premises
- Up to $5,000 per person for medical payments to customers injured on the insured's premises
- Optional coverage available for Additional Insureds, Money & Securities, Electronic Data Processing Equipment (varies by state of risk)
Be sure to use our handy Home Business Decline Form to document that you have offered coverage.
Angelina Coelho, CISR
We are here for you! MAIA and the Number One Insurance Agency are working remotely and open for business during our regular hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please view this Staff Directory for all of our emails and direct dial numbers. For the latest information regarding our industry and COVID-19, please visit our MAIA COVID-19 Resource Page