MAIA is often asked by members who want to know "what registry information can I share?" and as noted in our recent article "RMV: Registry Records – What Can You Share with Clients" sometimes they are asked to share information with employers that agents are not authorized to share via the Federal Driver Privacy Protection Act (FDPPA). Because of this, your Commercial Lines clients, particularly busing, delivery, trucking and other transport companies may be interested to know about the The Driver Verification System (DVS). Please feel free to share this information with your clients who may benefit from this state program.
Commercial Customers Can Sign Up for the Driver Verification System
The DVS is a public safety tool provided by the RMV for commercial customers who are seeking information on their drivers. The DVS gives a company the ability to track license statuses of their drivers through the eServices Portal. Users receive an email notification from the RMV if there is a change in their license status at any time while they are enrolled in DVS. When a DVS notification email is received, the client must log into their DVS account to view the driver(s) that has had a status change. DVS also allows the purchase of an unattested driving record for any driver enrolled in the DVS program for $8, and the company will be billed monthly.
The DVS Program will provide the following information for any driver enrolled:
- License class held (CDL, Passenger, Motorcycle), License status and Expiration Date
- Organ Donor
- Restrictions and Endorsements
- 7D School Bus Certificate Expiration Date
- CDL Self Certification Type & Expiration Date
- DVS Overview Informational Sheet
- Agreement for Access to Records and Data Maintained by the Registry of Motor
Agreements must be completed and signed by the signatory authority for your business.
- RMV Business Partner Contact Form
This form is used to collect the Business Owner, Program, Legal, Financial, Technical and Security contact information.
- eServices Administrator Access Form
This form is used to identify who your eServices Administrator(s) will be for the program.
- Employers are required to submit the license number, date of birth, last and first name for each driver that is being enrolled into the DVS program, and are also required to delete any driver that is no longer in their employment.
For additional Registry of Motor Vehicle questions,
please contact Kathy Cormier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-742-6363.
This article has been developed expressly for the members of MAIA. Reprint by other than members without the express permissions of the author is not permitted.