MAIA Member PSA: Look What’s Available at Your Virtual Fingertips
By Irene Morrill, CPCU, CIC, ARM, CRM, LIA, CRIS, CPIW — VP of Technical Affairs
I don’t know about you, but I’m somewhat “shell-shocked” with all the COVID-19 articles. So… rather than write about the problems with an insurance product this month, I thought I’d turn it around and point you toward some REALLY GOOD information that’s right here at your fingertips, just a “click” away.
You may be inclined to file this under “tooting our own horn,” but I prefer to think of it as a public service announcement to remind you that your membership in MAIA and the Big “I” comes with an enormous wealth of information.
The more you know, the more useful and indispensable you become for your clients.
MAIA Website (massagent.com)
COVID-19 Resource Page: As soon as the crisis began, we published this one-stop resource page, where you can find a veritable plethora of frequently updated COVID-19 informative articles and links, including:
Issues that directly affect YOU as an agent, such as:
- MA COVID-19 Resources and Guidance for Businesses
- MA state tax deadline deferral
- Extension for license renewal
- Insurance policy payment, renewal, and cancellation flexibility suggested by MA DOI
- Direct link to IIABA (Big “I”) COVID-19 Resource Page
- MAIA articles on COVID-19
Issues that affect your CLIENTS, such as:
- RMV procedures and opening changes
- Specific insurance company announcements
And then there are the regular features you can find on our website…
- Career HQ – job postings and resumes of job seekers
- Hiring tools, background checks
- New employee training, personality assessments, remote staffing, and more
- Ask MAIA (send us a question and we have someone on staff who will help)
- Company Filings (MA auto filings, so you can review what the competition offers)
- Question of the Day (Kathy Cormier, CPPL, Member Relations Advocate posts daily questions and answers from members
- Various industry links such as RMV, MA DOI, industry vendors
Agency Products for You and Your Clients:
- Registration holders, accident report cards
- RMV Procedures Manual
- Various marketing pieces and more
- We quickly shifted our face-to-face classes over to webinars when the coronavirus hit, so you and your staff can keep up with CE from wherever you are
- Webinars are being added daily … and we’ll have future face-to-face classes when the crisis ends
- We have all the “requireds” such as ethics, flood, fraud, licensing, designations
Number One Insurance Agency
MAIA’s own “agency for your agency” is here to provide insurance products for you and markets for your clients!
Products for your agency
- BOP with various property, inland marine, crime and various liability options
- Cyber liability
- Long term care
Products for your clients
- Lawyers’ professional
- Home business
- Recreational toys
- Long-term care
News & Insights
The MassAgent Newsletter
- Emailed every Wednesday to keep you and your staff up to date
- Relevant state and national issues
- TechTalks – in-depth articles on technical insurance issues
- Registry News – Important RMV issues and changes
- Young Agent News – helping the next generation make connections and get involved
- Urgent updates on topics that can’t wait for the next MassAgent
If you can’t find what you want on your state association (MAIA) website, there’s another plethora of extremely useful information available on your national association’s website (the IIABA, or Big “I”). Every MAIA member agency is also – automatically – a member of the Big “I,” and every employee of a member agency has access to the national website!
What Can Be Found on the National Website?
- Big “I” COVID-19 Resource Page – the national version of MAIA’s resource page, with an amazing array of information, webinars, tools, and more
- I personally enjoy the Virtual University, with its wealth of insurance coverage articles
- EO Risk Management – various articles and webinars on EO issues as well as coverage checklists
- Best Practices webinars, white papers, and other articles
- Their Resource and Service tabs are well worth perusing to find valuable information.
MAIA and the Big “I” exist to help keep independent agents and brokers informed, educated, and well represented. We’re all in it together. We want to be there for you.
Next month, back to insurance-related issues … see ya on a webinar this month!
Please remember that part of MAIA service is answering questions and providing information. Please feel free to email me when you have a coverage question, problem, or issue. Perhaps I can help at email@example.com
This article has been developed expressly for the members of MAIA.
Reprint by other than members without the express permission of the author is not permitted.